Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Miles 22.5-30 of Experiment: Ride Bike to Work Every Day for a Week

Ride home took forever.  On the last leg, I was going as slow as this woman walking.  She looked at me and said, "I need a bike."  We chatted for a bit, she said she was thinking about getting a bike off Craigslist or an $80 one at Wal-mart and then she got a phone call so I did my best to speed off into the sunset, somewhat faster than the 4 mph pace I had been keeping for the few minutes chatting.

Got home and looked at the clock.  55 minutes.  Dang.  That ride definitely used to take me 45 minutes but that is without full paniers and emergency stuff.  I will keep telling myself that, but I know I need to do more research about how to use my energy more efficiently.  It is just like running for me: I love running really fast, but then I punk out and have to go slow the rest of the run.  It took Couch210k to get me to see the benefits of jogging at a steady pace versus sprint and punk.  Maybe there is an app to teach me how to be a better cyclist.

The ride taking an extra 10 minutes made me 15 minutes late to each of the four other things I had to do tonight.  Sometimes I'm a little overbooked.  Seriously tired, but will probably stay up for a while, because that what night owls do.  I am not in the mood to pre-pack anything or plan at all.  But after the proximity card debacle today, I really should get it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment